Every time we walk out of a play ground, library or any place, this firecracker boy would have made a bunch of friends (he’s really good at it, sometimes I sit and marvel the way he gets all the kids together and play). Later on when he talks about a kid he met he says “my brand new best friend”, “my friend with a unicorn bag”, “my friend at the park who loves Spider-Man“ and so on.




Recently I started noticing that Agu has never mentioned a kid with their physical appearance like the “fair kid” or “short kid” or “fat kid”. He is 5 years old, watches a lot of movies and documentaries with us, we talk openly about everything and eventually I have realized it is better to keep them informed, expose them to a lot of scenarios than bringing them up in a protective virtual world, but it still amazed me how someones appearance is of least importance for a kid.
I am sure things will change as he grows up, he will learn about how this world differentiates people based on a thousand irrelevant things and how hatred takes over love. So this new year I am taking with me this lesson from him, to never label someone & most importantly yourself as fat, thin, fair, dusky, short or tall.
As we walk in to 2020, lets do our little bit starting from home by encouraging them to appreciate differences, to love themselves unconditionally and to spread kindness & happiness around! <3
.
.
.
.
.
#toddlerdiaries #lifeofaboymom #spreadhappiness #happynewyear #parentingmemes #parenting #love #loveyourself #pittsburghmom

Comments