Husband and Surprise planning never goes hand in hand 😂

I met this guy (who is my husband now) during a phase of life where a guy waiting for you with a bouquet of red roses and a huge teddy bear on Valentine's day gave me goosebumps. Turned out this guy whom I decided to marry, hardly remembered his own birthday 😀. We were the kind of couple who walked out with a route map to explore places and local restaurants on our honeymoon.

Disaster 1: My First birthday after we met:
Note: Husband still needs his reminder on phone to remember June 9. 
Surprisingly I felt that there was some planning happening behind my back as Husband couldn't hide his mischievous smile as my birthday was getting close. I was asked to dress up without a clue where we are heading to and I was pretty impressed by the way surprise was going on. Half way through I listen to husband calling the destination just to confirm we are on our way only to know that they were closed down that particular day due to some local protest 😮😮  The plan was a one day wine tour at Nandhi Hills which ended up in a big disaster.

After this, due to obvious reasons, I took over the charge of making restaurant reservations and planning vacation.

Disaster 2: Second birthday after we met
I overhear all the hush hush phone calls he has been receiving since morning and get ready to act surprised. At 12 midnight someone rings the doorbell, two of husband's friends emerge with a "surprise cake" which was white Forrest and "Happy Birthday Saranya" written on it. 
1. I dislike any cake other than chocolate.
2. I hate being called Saranya by anyone close to me.

So he managed to screw up that pretty well.

Disaster 3: Recent Birthday:
5 years of knowing each other and I had mastered the art of acting surprised at the very same chocolate flavoured midnight surprise cake he got on every anniversary and birthday 😄 Last birthday the surprise cake didn't come so I was expecting him to bring it along when he's back from office. Husband comes back from office empty handed, seems he forgot his wallet at home when he left in the morning 😓😓
I checked online, called up a restaurant and booked a table and also asked for a surprise cake to be arranged..errrr..for myself 😒

Years have gone by, even after screwing up every surprise, this guy still manages to be my Superman. I guess the reason behind this is that, it's only those important days that he ends up in a flop show but normal days are mostly a celebration for us 😁😁

Comments

  1. No worries ! Husband = They know what's going on around the world except with wife �� But still husband are husband who loves their better half

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's the sweetest... been reading ur blogs and I say never ever ask for more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. With another birthday around the corner, wish you a biggg chocolate cake and the best time with your superman!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment