SPREAD SOME JOY!

A couple of days back while we were checking in at our gym, the house keeping lady there comes running to us and ask "is that your son?" pointing at Agu (Agu goes to the gym kids club while we workout). She tells us " every time I go into the kids club your son never fails to come say hi and talk to me a bit. You are doing a great job raising a very sweet boy". This boy who is a fire cracker at home keeps fetching compliments from random people about his kindness, empathy, gentle inclusive behavior. Though I smiled and said thank you, as I walked in to the gym that day I was beaming with happiness.
Many a times when I am out shopping or strolling at the park I come across so many people who stop and compliment "That's a lovely dress hun", "He is so cute", "I love your smile", "You are so pretty". Initially I struggled how to respond but I realized every single time it made me feel happier and a bit more confident about myself.
When I look back I can recall a lot of incidents where I have appreciated random strangers in my mind but never went ahead and told them about it, now I know I missed out on chances to make someone feel good about themselves. We live in a world where we are judged very frequently about your life decisions, your skin, your figure, your parenting. Like someone said "Don't tell a mom she looks tired, she already knows that. Tell her she's doing a good job, she might not know that." 

So lets try to be that person who can pass on some joy and make someone a tad bit happier :)

Comments