KIDS RECIPE: PASTA IN CREAMY AVOCADO SAUCE


Avocados are packed with a lot of nutrients, healthy fats and what not! I don't know about you, but I have always had a hate-hate relationship with avocado - I turn away from them, be it at the grocery store aisles or a restaurant menu. Recently I have started falling in love with them just because I started eating them in the form of guacamole :) In an attempt to introduce it to Agu, I smothered some in his egg and cheese sandwich and he gulped it down in no time, that's when I thought of mixing it up in his pasta sauce. So here is a quick-fix, rich & creamy pasta recipe for you all to try!

Things you need:

  • Avocado - 1 ripe
  • Cooked Pasta (I used whole wheat one) - 2 cups
  • Crushed Garlic - 6-7 cloves
  • Butter - 1 tbsp
  • Milk - 1/4 cup
  • Grated Cheese - 1/4 cup
  • Salt & Pepper - To taste

How to Make:

  • Heat butter in a pan, add crushed garlic and saute for a few seconds
  • Add milk, salt, pepper and cheese and reduce the sauce to a thick consistency
  • Wait for the sauce to cool down
  • Blend avocado in a blender, mix it with the sauce
  • Add cooked pasta and whisk till the sauce coats the pasta
  • Tadaaa!! Super easy yet lip smacking pasta ready!

P.S. Do let me know if you try this recipe and manage to feed your little one some avocados :D



Comments