Sometimes it is so important to dig up your interests that were long lost on the way. I used to get so obsessed with Agu boy’s food, play, bath & nap times that I eventually started to forget the fact that I did have a LIFE before him 🤷🏻‍♀️

I remember how I brought back my habit of reading after Agu was a couple of months old, I used to wait for his nap time so I could sit back & indulge in a book. Later on I realized I should not confine it to his nap time and introduced the concept of me-time where I get to read and he had to figure out something to do on his own. It was tough, he couldn’t believe that I had something to do other than him but eventually it was helping Agu realize the concept of respecting ones space and that he can try games that does not involve jumping on my tummy ☺️

So this weekend, amidst all the unpacking and settling down at the new place I grabbed a canvas & paint to wake up the artist genes which I always believed got lost somewhere while passing down from mom to my sister & myself 😬 I think Sooraj was right when he said “it’s never too late to try something new or find a new interest”.

Agu boy was equally excited (that lasted 2 minutes) to join me and I only had to answer 583 questions and patiently turn down his numerous offers to help me finish my painting 🙈😬

#toddlerdiaries #lifeofaboymom #acrylicpainting#pittsburghmom #itsnevertoolatetostart#mammablogger

Comments