For the love of books

I don't clearly remember when we started reading stories to Agu, may be from the time he was 5-6 months old. Now that he is nearly 3 years old, his love for books has only gone up. He gets equally excited being at a book store or a toy shop and he loves to choose his books (he is always given the freedom to select things he love 😃). 


From the time I remember of my childhood, we had a library membership and we used to look forward to holidays so we could go exchange our books and get new ones, the smell of a new book still brings me so much joy..and yes I ended up taking up Engineering and Clinical Research! (Damn! Okay let's not vent about it here 😁). 

After becoming a mother I was so busy reading parenting articles and baby recipes, I really lost touch with my books. So last year I decided I have to squeeze in some time for reading and finally found the slot during Agu's afternoon naptime. So there are days when I wait for him to fall asleep so I can spend that precious me-time with a book 🙈


One thing I felt is that reading out to them or narrating stories help a lot to develop their imagination. Sometimes he amazes us by relating real life things to his favorite stories, like if he sees an octopus he remembers "Susie and the Mermaid", when he sees a gorilla he remembers "Grandma elephant's birthday".

So here we are, with a new set of books to get us going!

Comments

  1. The best gift you can give your child!! I was quite late to make fraanship with books 😀😀 and when i did, it was instant love!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment