Snack Box Recipe: Spinach and Chicken Nuggets

I'm behind snack box recipes these days as Agu has started play group now. I normally send a snack and a fruit so when I came a cross a chicken nugget recipe I decided to try making it at home rather than buying the packaged one. As I put on the "health conscious Mamma hat" I decided to customize the recipe by adding spinach puree to it 😁 So here's the recipe for nuggets, please try and let me know if this helped to push down some spinach down your munchkin's throat 😁

What you need:
Chicken breast: 2
Garlic cloves: 4-6 (based on your kid's tast bud)
Spinach: one big bunch
Egg: 2
Soya sauce: 1tbsp
Corn flour: 1 cup
Bread crumbs: 1 cup (I powdered rusk and wheat bread together)
Salt: to taste

Method:

Boil water in a pan and add the cleaned spinach leaves in it, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
In a blender, add diced chicken breast, spinach, garlic, soy sauce and salt. Blend to a paste.
Whisk the eggs, add salt and pepper and keep aside.
Take the bread crumbs and corn flour in 2 separate plates.
Take a small ball of chicken-spinach paste, shape it as you like.
Coat it with corn flour, dip in egg and coat well with bread crumbs.
Shallow fry/ deep fry them or you can store them as such in the freezer.

Yummy chicken nuggets ready!

Notes: You can also add cheese, oregano or chilli flakes to the chicken mix as per your taste 😄

Comments