Wife of a Football Fanatic

There we were, toddler and I (2 people equally clueless about football) cheering for PAPA at the ground.

Toddler:
Initial few minutes, tries to go with the crowd and claps when the rival team hits a goal or Papa's team misses a goal, after which he realises I am not very happy with his cheering so decides to imitate me for the rest of the match.
During half time runs to the ground, grabs chocolates and juice which was meant for the players.
Tries to impress another players daughter with his dribbling and "throw and catch" skills (by no doubt paternal genes working well here :))
Calls out Papa 53 times during the match.

Me:
With no idea about an off side or corner or defender, eyes glued just on the goal post so that I don't miss a goal.
Runs behind toddler half the time, dragging him to where we sat.
Proudly says "that's my husband" to a bunch of ladies sitting near me admiring Mr. Husband's football skills (well he knows really well how to show off those sweep in kicks and heading the ball).

P.S: I can name the Liverpool Football Club Manager even when you wake me up in my sleep, that's how contagious it is to have a football fanatic in the house :)

Comments