The 40-week long journey and beyond :)

And the time came to give up Chinese food and coffee..to think twice "does this have pappaya or pineapple" before I hog on a pastry..to spend time infront of the mirror, not to check for a flat tummy but to scream out "the BUMP is finally here"!!..to wake up at 3 am and think and decide what to crave for..to stay up late waiting for that wiggle or punch or a kick ;)
Yes..im pregnant!! Errr or rather we are pregnant ;) :D :D
As people say 9 months weren't a bed of roses..there were times I hardly got out of the bathroom as I was throwing up like 20 times a day (yeah that was an exaggeration though :P) and then came the phase were my anti-nausea tablets turned me into a zombie..and then I had my nostrils sensitive like that of a blood hound and had to literally use nose plugs to stay away from smells which were once my favourite :)
But then it wasn't a period of utter struggle too..as everything else does, even this phase passed and the excitement of the kicking and punching, the feeling of a life growing within me overpowered the miseries of back ache, bulging tummy, not able to lie on my stomach and getting up to pee 10 times at night ;)
Finally our little champ decided to put an end to our 40-week long wait on 31-Oct-2014..and yes, delivering a baby wasn't easy. The pain, the 9.5 hours of struggle to bring out a part of us was indeed a life and death kind of experience but the moment baby pops out and you are shown that little bundle of life which you just created...ahh you almost feel like you are God!! :D
Then comes looking for the various milestones..smiling, rolling over, holding stuff and on and on..6 months and we are beaming with happiness to have agu around!! cheers to parenting and wishing ourselves to be super dad and super mom in the long run :D

Comments